I Believe I Can is written by Grace Byers and illustrated by Keturah A. Bobo. I added this book to our classroom to increase my diverse books collection. The story is filled with positive affirmations guiding readers to believe in themselves. What I found interesting was my students responses after hearing the book and each other’s reactions.
Look at how many ways you can say believe in yourself from second grade thinkers.
- Never give up keep trying.
- Keep trying.
- Don’t give up.
- The author wrote the book to tell everyone to not give up.
- The main thing about this book is to believe in yourself.
- Giving yourself trust and trying harder.
- To believe in yourself.
- Don’t pout about what you can’t do.
- Be happy even if you make a mistake.
1 thought on “I Believe I Can”
What a great list — you uplift and empower your students to think in big ways!